FITFEST - SATURDAY, AUGUST 10 - 10AM-2PM
The Town of Forest City is partnering with Carolina Chiropractic Plus, Rutherford Regional Health System and the Rutherford County Backpack Program to host the first FitFest on Saturday, August 10th from 10AM-2PM at POPS. FitFest is our initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids in Rutherford County. Our goals are to:
- Showcase the availability of healthy options in our county.
- Provide contact information about each agency to the community.
- Give information about activities that are available throughout the year.
- Connect with parents to make them comfortable with healthy offerings.
- Promote healthy eating and active living to young people by showing them how to establish good habits early.
We will have vendors set up with booths throughout the park that offer different activities that promote wellness and being healthy such as a pop-up farmers market, jump rope, make your own trail mix, etc. We will also have games, prizes, inflatables, cartoon characters and more. We are also collecting school supplies to benefit the Rutherford County Backpack Program.
Join us at FitFest for a great way to check out all of the amazing healthy opportunities that are available in Rutherford County!
We want to thank all of our sponsors for helping make this amazing event possible! Click on any of the links below to learn more about our sponsors and how you can support them.
Carolina Chiropractic Plus: carolinachiroplus.com
Rutherford Regional Health System: myrutherfordregional.com
Rutherford County Schools Backpack Program: rcsedfoundation.org/rcs-backpack-program