The new recycling program began on March 19, 2018. The Town of Forest City contracts with Republic Services for garbage and recycling.
What can I recycle? Republic Services has provided a flyer to help us make that determination.
To better service our customers, we ask you please:
- Place your container(s) at the curb by 6:00am on the morning of or the night before your scheduled service.
- Place the container(s) within 3 feet of the curb with the handle and wheels facing away from the street.
- Make sure the container(s) is at least 4-5 feet from your recycle or other roll-out cart, trees, mailboxes, cars, yard waste, utility poles, or any other obstructions.
- Place all recyclable items in the Recycle Cart for collection by our automated truck. Do not leave recyclables outside the roll-out container.
- Call the Town at 828-245-0148 if your cart is damaged or stolen.
- Don't place construction debris, yard waste, or hot ashes in the carts.
- Don't overfill the cart; the lid must close.
- Don't paint or write on cart.
- Don't remove the cart from your residence.
- Don't put recyclable materials in the TRASH cart.
- Don't put garbage/trash materials in the cart marked RECYCLE.