Team ECCO • "Icky, Sticky, Spiny Things"
10:00 am to 11:30 am
Get ready to dive into Oceans of Possibilities this summer here at thePublic Library!
The theme for this year's Summer Reading Program is oceanography, and for our first program, Team ECCO's Aquarium & Shark Lab in Hendersonville will be bringing the ocean to us! We'll be learning all about various invertebrates of the sea during their "Icky, Sticky, Spiny Things" program, such as crabs, shrimp, sea urchins, and sea stars. Team ECCO will also be bringing a touch tank filled with various live specimens for real hands-on learning, so this is "shore" to be an event you do not want to miss this summer!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
- There will be two programs, one at 10:00 AM and another at 11:00 AM (if more than 40 people register for the 10:00 show) on June 23.
- Registration for these programs begins this Friday, May 13th and is REQUIRED to attend. Please call 828-248-5224 to register.
- Per regulations from Team ECCO, each program will be limited to 40 people (not including anyone under age 2), therefore only 1 adult will be allowed per family to make room for as many children as possible. Due to the limited capacity, no large outside groups will be eligible to attend.
- The program is recommended for children ages 3 and up.
- We ask that anyone who registers for a program and then learns they cannot attend to please call and inform a staff member so that families on a waiting list (if needed) will be able to attend.